You can generally visit the Site without revealing any of your personal information. However, for you to receive the maximum benefits our Site can provide, such as registering to subscribe to one of our newsletters, registering to get featured on the Site or purchasing products and event tickets, we may request that you provide us with certain information that is personally identifiable. We will only collect such information based on affirmative actions by you to provide us with the requested information.
Food Tech may collect information from you in the following ways:
- User-supplied information: 1) by sharing your name, company and e-mail address when subscribing to our newsletter, (2) by sharing personal information when you submit a request to be featured or by submitting a comment via our Contact Form, (3) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts, or (4) by participating in a survey where an email address is requested, or (5) by sharing information to complete transactions on our Site, including name, mailing address, email address, phone number, account password, personal preferences relating to the product, your credit card number and expiration date or other financial information necessary for the transaction (collectively ‘Personal Information”).
- Cookies: Our Site uses “cookies,” small files that are sent to your browser and stored on your hard drive. A cookie does not contain any personally identifiable information, but it does enable Food Tech to record how and when you use the Site.
We may use any personally identifiable information you provide at your option only to:
- Provide you with information about Food Tech’s products, services, news and events that we believe may be of interest to you. At any time, you may opt out of receiving information about Food Tech by unsubscribing to email communications or contacting us directly.
- Confirm and process sales transactions, contact you with questions or communications about your order, or to respond to your customer-service inquiries. For your protection, we do not store or provide access to any of your credit card information. However, please note that our system may store the last four digits of your credit card for reference purposes only.
- Predict and respond to your needs by aggregating our users’ information and tracking user trends.
If we obtain IP addresses, usage data and browser information from our users, we may use such information for the following purposes: (a) to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems that are associated with the IP addresses; (b) to help us provide you with customized content and promotions that match your stated preferences; (c) to prepare geographical or other statistical data to help us better serve our users; (d) to create new features, promotions and services in connection with the Site; and (e) to monitor the use of the Site.
Access by Our Employees
Food Tech uses good-faith efforts to limit our employees’ access to your personally identifiable information to the amount reasonably required to provide prompt, high-quality service.
Changes to This Policy
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy or security policies, please feel free to contact us.